Sunday, January 31, 2016

stay out of the basement by r. l. stine

This book was book #12 on my list. I read it as a kid and loved it (actually, I read pretty much EVERYTHING R. L. Stine ever wrote at the time and LOVED all of it) and saw it sitting on my bookshelf the other day and decided to give it a go. Why not? Kids books can be fun.

The Brewers move to a new home in a new state because the father accepted a new job at a university involving experiments on plants. However, he quickly loses his new job and continues his experiments in the basement of their new home. Margaret and Casey - his children - start to notice odd behavior in their father. He no longer wants to spend time with them, he no longer calls them by their pet nicknames, and he forbids them from entering the basement. But when their mom goes out of town he starts acting even weirder - he starts eating plant food and his old boss suddenly goes missing in their basement. What is REALLY going on down there? Margaret and Casey decide that they need to find out.

Like I said, I read it as a kid and loved it so I decided to give it another go all these years later. Even though it was a kids horror story it did not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment