Tuesday, September 3, 2019

warriors: the prophecies begin

I really should have done this long ago, however as I started working on my book series page it never occurred to me how easily it would become overrun.

So, for the record, this is (so far) my favorite Warriors series. In part because it was my first but also because it is the most solid. It has a clear cut beginning (Rusty discovering the life of wild cats), middle (Firepaw/heart realizing something is going on with Tigerclaw and eventually outing him) and end (Firestar taking down Tigerclan followed by Scourge). Which, yes, Scourge was a tad thrown in but Tigerstar did have his revenge later on and it gave the warrior cats an epic throw down battle that didn't happen between Tigerclan and Lionclan - which very well could have destroyed the four clans if it had. And, Firestar was my favorite for a long time - certainly throughout this series. It is not often that the main character is my favorite (actually it is never - even here technically Whitestorm is my favorite) but this series manages to pull it off.

And, there were some very impressive twists and turns - and so much triumph and sorrow. Bluestar's kits. Bluestar losing her mind. The depths of Tigerclaw's treachery. Ravenpaw's escape. Brokenstar's revenge. Yellowfang finding a home. Yellowfang's secret. Brokenstar's murder. Dustpelt's rejection of Tigerclaw. Longtail choosing the correct side. Darkstripe refusing the correct side. Sandstorm's change of heart. Dustpelt calming down. Cinderpaw's accident. Spottedleaf's death. Tawnypaw rejecting Thundeclan. Bramblepaw's determination to make Thunderclan his home.

All in all this is (and probably always will be) my favorite Warriors series.

Warriors: The Prophecies Begin

No comments:

Post a Comment