Saturday, September 7, 2019

warriors: the new prophecy

I really struggled with this series. Actually, I feel like the series is in two halves. The first half/three books, I felt, were really long and drawn out with nothing really happening to move the plot forward. It was a long journey to the lake and then a long journey back home with lots and lots of empty filler. I was starting to get worried that the first series was it and I wasn't going to enjoy another Warriors book ever again and that all subsequent novels were just riding on the coattails of success from the first series. The second half/three books, however, proved me wrong by actually being really good. Those books covered Brambleclaw's struggle with his relationship with his father, sister, and half brother. Moreover, it introduced the Place of No Stars/Dark Forest, which was a really interesting alternative to StarClan, as well as gave a fascinating, manipulative, and devious villain in the form of Hawkfrost, who I really enjoyed (and still believe he was lying about never having been to the Dark Forest before). I was disappointed by how quickly Hawkfrost was written off, however he did have a respectable story arc and I did get to see his return later on. Also, this book series as a whole gave Brambleclaw the opportunity to grow and become more then just Tigerstar's son - which was very obvious as the story went on but was very clear when he chose a dying Firestar over everything else. And, it set up a great twist for Ashfur later on. It also gave us perspective from the cats of other clans - which while I wasn't in love with this, it was good to see things from a point of view that wasn't ThunderClan.

Warriors: The New Prophecy
  1. Midnight
  2. Moonrise
  3. Dawn
  4. Starlight
  5. Twilight
  6. Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment