Wednesday, May 22, 2019

diary of a wimpy kid

So, I read "Old School" last year and meant to get around to reading all the other books in the series but somehow never did. Well, I told Vampire Kitten that I was finally going to make time for the books and I am glad I did because they are pretty hilarious. After I finished this book (actually, I have read a few by now) Vampire Kitten asked me for my favorite part and least favorite part. After he did this for the next few books I realized I should do some blog posts on "Diary of a Wimpy Kid." So here we are, not with a plot over-analyzed and broken down my chapter (because let's be honest, there is no plot) but by most and least* favorite parts. With a few honorable mentions.

Favorite Scene Honorable Mention: Roderick's metal magazine with the half naked girl that Manny brought to preschool. Roderick is most definitely my favorite character in the books and movie (I have only seen the first one) and this is one of my favorite scenes involving him. I love how his mom makes him write out that apology to women everywhere!

Favorite Scene Honorable Mention: Greg covering for Rowley when it came down to the cheese. Way to go Greg! Looks like you aren't always an entitled jerk...

Favorite Scene: Definitely the play. Roderick trying to tape it, Greg throwing the apple at Patty, all hell breaking loose. The whole scene is hilarious an I love it!

Least Favorite Scene: Greg's father not letting him get the Barbie Dream House.

*Nothing with Greg acting like an entitled jerk - especially towards Rowley. For crying out loud that is the entire book series. And nothing about Fergley. That kid. *shudder*

No comments:

Post a Comment