Monday, May 3, 2021

12 books in 12 weeks: block 2

This was a struggle. I almost didn't make it to 12 books - especially when I realized I had to bump the end date of these 12 weeks up by a week! 

So, I cheated.

When I first realized I was struggling - I had read 2 easy books in 4 weeks - I decided to "read" two reference books. You really can't read a reference book. You can, however, read the introduction, skim the couple sections you are curious about, and then move the book from your TBR pile to your Completed pile. 

Boom. 4 books in 4 weeks. 

Then it took me another 4 weeks to read 2 more easy books... So I knocked out 3 short graphic novels I was holding off on reading until I had read the 2 books that came before them.

Boom. 5 books in 4 weeks.

Yeah, those last weeks were a struggle. But I got it done just in time. The most frustrating part? They were all books that I really wanted to read and were deeply into, I just didn't *feel* like reading. But we did finish another Wheel of Time book. And, I decided to pull out my Ranger's Apprentice books (posts to follow soon) and start those up again. They are not as well written as I remember but I still enjoyed them.

So my 12 books? They are:

  1. Warriors A Vision Of Shadows: Shattered Sky
  2. Warriors A Vision Of Shadows: Darkest Night
  3. The Magic of Flowers
  4. The Magic of Trees
  5. Warriors A Vision Of Shadows: River of Fire
  6. Warriors A Vision Of Shadows: The Raging Storm
  7. Warriors SkyClan & The Stranger: The Rescue
  8. Warriors SkyClan & The Stranger: Beyond the Code
  9. Warriors SkyClan & The Stranger: After The Flood
  10. Ranger's Apprentice: The Ruins of Gorlan
  11. Ranger's Apprentice: The Burning Bridge
  12. The Wheel of Time: Winter's Heart
  13. Warriors: Tales from the Clans
In the end, I got back in the swing of things in time for the 12 weeks ending. However, I am in no rush to increase my reading goal. I briefly considered decreasing it, but I am back in a reading mood again so I will see where these next 12 weeks will take me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment